LIBS is a type of optical emission spectroscopy used to meausre elemental concentrations in a material. LIBS operates by using a pulsed, focused laser that is fired at a sample with sufficient pulse energy as to create a plasma around the area struck. Bound atomic electrons are striped from the atoms comprising the material. As the plasma cools, atoms recombine with electrons and in the process emit light in the UV, optical and IR regimes.
LIBS has been used for more than 20 years as a laboratory benchtop technique, capable of analyzing any element in the periodic table, LIBS can analyze any elements in the periodic table. In resent years, LIBS technique has been miniaturized into a handheld device used in a wide application.
Why choose a Optosky handheld LIBS analyzer?
- Significantly increase productivity
- Low cost of ownership
- Simple to use
- Advanced data management
- Robust and durable
- Long battery life
- Excellent spatial resolution
- Microanalysis of surfaces
- Rapid phase inversion enrichment analysis of liquid samples
Detection of light elements (Z<12) it can measure C, N, O, Li, Be, B and other elements. Make up for the shortcomings of XRF technology.
Qualitative and quantitative analysis of various elements, Simple and easy-to-operate software
- Lightweight and compact handheld LIBS
- Elemental analysis of ore: It can accurately and conveniently analyze the metal content of ore.
- Lithium exploration: Traditional mining and selection needs to take samples from multiple points on the site and send them to the laboratory for analysis. The waste samples are many and time-consuming and labor-intensive. LIBS on-site
- testing does not need to transport heavy samples to the laboratory, and the analysis results can be obtained on-site, which greatly improves the exploration efficiency.
- Lithium battery recycling. Accurate measurement to improve recycling efficiency.
- Alloy detection
- Material Component Identification (PMI). It can be used for quality control in metal manufacturing and processing industries, and can perform material composition analysis and alloy grade identification for a variety of materials
- including key components, raw materials, and welds.
- It can be used for almost any alloy detection, including scrap metal, aluminum alloys, superalloys, etc. It has excellent environmental adaptability and can easily work in complex working conditions.