What is FTIR?
FTIR is Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy. FTIR spectrometer measures the infrared range of the electromagnetic radiation spectrum, infrared range has a longer wavelength and a lower frequency than visible light. This infrared spectrum is measurable in a sample when submitted to infrared radiation (IR). It bases on bonds between different elements absorb light at different frequencies.
FTIR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy) is a fast, easy and reliable technique for material identification and quantification of constituents in a sample. Optosky company self-developed compact FT-IR such as handheld and mobile ATP8900mini and ATP8900plus offer reliable quantitative and qualitative FTIR analysis at site.
FTIR spectrometer is a analytical technique that the light is measured using an infrared spectrometer to output an infrared spectrum.
What is Transmission?
Transmission – TR passes IR (radiation) through gas, liquid or solid samples and measures how well the sample absorbs that infrared radiation.
What are 5 ATR spectrometer modules?
1. Diamond ATR module
2. ZnSe single ATR module,
3. ZnSe Multi-reflectance ATR module
4. Ge Single ATR module
5. Heated Diamond ATR module up to 120 degree
What is Specular Reflectance （SR) ？
Specular Reflectance – SR typically occurs with glossy samples, such as glass and crystal.
1. Diffuse reflectance upward
2. Diffuse refleectance front
3. 30 degree specular reflectance
What is gas cell?
FTIR spectrometer attached to gas cell
1. Glass or Stainless steel made gas cell with temperature control and optical length of 1.5cm, 3cm, 5cm, 7cm etc fit to high concentration gas
2. Mulit-reflectance gas cell of stainless steel, temperature control and optical length of 50cm, 100cm, 5m fit to low concentration gas
3. Corrosion resistant gas cell can customize anti-corrossion materials gas cell eg HF gas measure
What is reflection?
Reflection-Absorption – RA works with thin samples such as residues and paints.
What is FTIR analysis principle?
What is the principle of diffuse reflection?
What is high sensitivity reflectometry？
A reflection method is required to measure substances adhered to or applied
to a material that does not permit light transmission, such as a metal sheet.
Only the parallel polarized light affects the absorption by the sample so using apolarizer for measurements increases the apparent peak size. Information on the sample orientation can also be acquired, as only functional groups with a perpendicular dipole moment with respect to the metal sheet are measured. However, such increases in sensitivity are available only with a metal substrate.
What is high sensitivity reflection measurement?
A reflection method is required to measure substances adhered to or applied to a material that does not permit light transmission, such as a metal sheet.
What is Attenuated Total Reflectance?
Attenuated Total Reflectance – ATR spectroscopy only requires that the sample comes into contact with the ATR crystal. Enables samples to be examined directly in the solid or liquid state
without further preparation.
What is Fluorescence and FTIR Microscopy?
Useful for generating spatial maps of “vibrational modes”. For example, tissue analysis, polymer homogeneity, pharmaceutical quality, forensics.
- Applications of Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy 2022-11-23 48
- Application of Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy for Rapid Detection of Fumonisin B2 in Raisins 2022-11-23 14
- FTIR for routine analysis of food and agricultural products 2022-11-23 11
- Application of Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy for the identification of wheat varieties 2022-11-23 12
- How Does FTIR Analysis Work? 2022-11-23 9
- The application of FTIR in a non-invasive and non-destructive way to the study and conservation of mineralised excavated textiles 2022-11-23 76
- What Is Compact FT-IR Spectrometer Application? 2022-11-18 24