Bifurcated optical fiber assemblies have two fibers in the common end and break out into two legs at the other end. The fiber type (i.e., its most efficient transmission range) used in each leg can be the same or different, depending on your application needs.
UV-Visible bifurcated fibers are high OH fibers that transmit efficiently from 200-1100 nm.
Bifurcated fibers are good for routing equal amounts of light from a single source to two different locations, or from a single sample to two spectrometers configured for different wavelength ranges.
- Versatile fiber assembly -- Y-shaped assembly comprising two fibers of the same diameter side-by-side in the common end
- Transmission efficiency -- options for UV-Visible and Visible-NIR.
- Jacketing options -- silicone-coated steel monocoil with a Nomex braid.
- Convenient handling -- precision SMA 905 connectors with knurled ferrules for easy manipulation
- Robust -- great for field and industrial use, or other rough handling environment
- Laser transmission;
- Spectral detection;
- UV lithography;
- Medical sensing;
- UV Raman Spectroscopy;
- UV illuminance monitoring;
- High temperature measurement;
- Photodynamic therapy;
- Medical diagnosis and other fields.