How to make narcotics nowhere to escape?
What is fentanyl?
Fentanyl is the king of third-generation drugs.
In medical treatment, the original intention of fentanyl was to alleviate the pain of human operations and it is an anesthetic with outstanding effects. But in the drug industry, it came from behind and became the king of new drugs. Fentanyl is 50 times more effective than heroin and 100 times more effective than morphine.
The difficulty of regulatory testing of fentanyl is that it is easy to generate various variants. There are currently 23 species, constituting a huge "fentanyl family".
China has always adopted strict management measures for fentanyl, listing 25 types of fentanyl substances (more than the 21 types listed by the United Nations), and also introduced the concept of analogs, bringing the entire category of fentanyl into the scope of drug control.
Difficulties in the detection of fentanyl:
Traditionally, gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS) is used as the gold standard for drug control. Samples are collected from the scene and sent to the judicial laboratory for testing, which often requires scheduling and procedures, which take a long time. As a result, it affects case trials and judicial judgments, and the laboratory analysis of samples takes a long time. The analysis of a single sample usually takes 15-60 minutes. The shortcomings are obviously inability to conduct on-site audits and time-consuming.
Optosky's ATR6600 handheld Raman, a security check product for the 2019 World Military Games, has already shown its skills in the police anti-drug scene. Specially launched a detection program for fentanyl substances, using the international leading near-infrared Raman technology, which can complete fast and accurate detection within a few seconds.
It is fast, without touching the sample, and gives a clear substance name. Can also build your own spectral library at any time to detect new fentanyl. It has been used on-site in multiple public security systems.
Advantages of handheld Raman spectrometer in the field:
- Efficient: The handheld Raman spectrometer is like people's robot friends, it is the product of the combination of mechanical automation and intelligence. It uses the built-in analysis software to give an accurate judgment on the material to be identified in about half a minute, which greatly reduces the labor and material costs of the identification. It is convenient and smooth to operate, fast, and greatly improves production efficiency.
- Low cost: The use of a handheld Raman spectrometer has profoundly changed the time and cost required for conventional sampling and laboratory analysis methods. It has no requirements for the environment, containers and other processing processes, and can complete the identification of materials by itself. At this point, using a handheld Raman spectrometer is an economical and labor-saving good choice.
- Easy to use: The handheld Raman spectrometer does not need to prepare samples, do not need to do any additional processing, and does not need extra consumxtra consumables. As long as the key is gently pressed, the user can quickly obtain the identification results. Compared with the traditional laboratory identification method which consumes a lot of material cost and takes a long time to obtain the test result, the operation of the handheld Raman spectrometer is simple and easy to understand.
- Welcome to OPTOSKY booth at the fifth China International Import Expo (CIIE) 2022-11-02 48
- About Integrating Sphere Fundamentals and Applications 2022-10-28 105
- VOCs are the main culprits of air pollution 2022-10-27 60
- Optosky-XRF spectrometer-FAQ 2022-10-10 104
- What is a pinhole of confocal microscopes？ 2022-09-23 95
- What is viewing ICP-OES 2022-09-23 87
- FIELDSPEC FAQ 2022-08-22 204
- How to test the nitrous nitrogen in water quality? 2021-05-18 78