What is the handheld Raman spectrometer of optosky?
Handheld Raman spectrometers are designed for maximum ease-of-use for onsite materials analysis and testing. They have been adapted from a suite of high-analytical benchtop tools that were historically relegated to laboratory settings, providing unprecedented sample utility in a range of market sectors. The sheer range of available applications for handheld Raman spectrometers makes it difficult to narrow the spectrum down to a few likely contenders, but a selection of industries which make use of these tools.
Art and archeology
Cosmetics, nutraceuticals, and pharmaceuticals
Food and feedstocks
Gems and mineralogy
Petroleum and petrochemicals
Plastics and polymers
Safety, security, and forensics
Teaching and education
The scope broadens further when each of these is explored at a granular level. One area of application that spans many of these overarching markets is raw material identification (RMID). Handheld Raman spectrometers are increasingly utilized in RMID processes to reduce workflow inefficiencies, and to provide more reliable data in situ to inform subsequent actions.
What is the diffirence of handheld Raman spectrometer?
The phrase ‘portable spectrometer’ is a cover-all for spectrometric instruments with a greater degree of portability than static, benchtop alternatives. Consider Raman spectroscopy; though the schema for laboratory-based Raman spectrometers can vary, they typically feature a minimum of four integrated modules: an excitation laser; a sample chamber with long-pass or notch rejection filters and focusing optics; a spectrometer; and an appropriate CCD detector. Historically, the size and sensitivity of these components made portability impossible. Now, there is a different approaches to increasing the maneuverability of spectrometric technologies.
A handheld spectrometer is a subset of the above, referring to any portable spectrometer that can be held and operated in one hand.
How to use handheld Raman spectrometer in RMID?
These tools represent a significant increase in productivity, as time-consuming laboratory analysis can be readily transferred to the production site or warehouse, allowing RMID to be implemented directly on the line. We are focusing on the application of handheld Raman spectroscopy in RMID –other technologies are also available as portable spectrometer.
Optosky holds a full, innovative line of portable and handheld Raman spectrometers that can nondestructively measure the full molecular fingerprint of samples wherever you need. This enables you to characterize your raw materials at the earliest possible stage for screening, verification, and 100% positive materials identification (PMI). Previously, this level of analysis took time and experienced personnel to perform effectively. Raw materials would be sampled and transported off-site to remote testing facilities where analysis could finally be carried out following some sample preparation. In the current age of fast-moving industry and global supply lines, this antiquated method is not always suitable.
Handheld spectrometers, with easy touchscreen operation, allow non-scientific users to expedite materials testing at the point of receipt, significantly improving workflows in a wide range of product supply chains. To effectively implement these high-analytical functionalities in rugged working environments, the handheld spectrometer must be robust enough to withstand the conditions therein. Optosky handheld Raman spectrometers are optimized to perform commendably over long-life cycles in tough working conditions such as loading docks, fields, and warehouses.
- Microscopic Raman Spectroscopy for Graphene Sample Testing 2023-03-15 579
- Get the principles and applications of ATR 2023-09-18 10
- Optimising confocal Raman microscopy for spectral mapping of cement-based materials 2023-09-04 46
- Application of Confocal Micro Raman Spectroscopy in Interface Research 2023-09-04 29
- Existing Standards,Guides and Practices for Raman Spectroscopy 2023-08-31 37
- ATR8800 Raman Imaging Technology 2023-08-23 55
- Raman Spectroscopy and its Most Common Applications 2023-01-17 509
- Raman : Applications 2023-01-17 532
- Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Characterization of Graphene Structure 2023-01-17 411
- Food Analysis and Raman Spectroscopy 2023-01-17 501
- Raman or FTIR Spectroscopy 2023-01-12 492
- What is Raman Spectroscopy? 2023-01-12 400
- Raman spectroscopic detection and analysis of Scutellaria baicalensis herbal tablets 2022-12-23 402
- What is X-ray Fluorescence (XRF) 2022-12-22 471
- What is the Raman microscope? 2022-12-22 445
- What is the SERS？ 2022-12-22 419
- (Suzhou Institute of Biomedical Engineering Technology, Chinese Academy of Sciences)Escherichia coli sample and Staphylococcus aureus Raman spectrum detection report on silver substrate 2022-12-15 350
- What Is Raman Spectroscopy Used For? 2022-12-09 374
- Test Report of Insulating Oil and Insulating Paper of Electrical Engineering College of Chongqing University 2022-12-05 307
- ATR8300-1064 high sensitive near-infrared microRaman spectrometer was used to rapidly identify textile components 2022-12-01 451