Overview of hyperspectral imaging technology
Spectral imaging is a rapidly growing inspection method for industries benefiting from machine vision solutions. It provides valuable information by identifying materials based on their chemical properties, not available with other camera technologies. Objects with similar looks but different chemical compositions can be reliably identified and sorted with a hyperspectral camera. This makes spectral imaging the most powerful inspection method in many applications with high commercial value.
Hyperspectral imaging expands traditional optical spectroscopy from instruments measuring a single spot at a time to a rapid analysis of non-homogeneous samples and targets. Single-camera operating in a specific wavelength range can be used for various applications like in food research to measure fat, moisture, or protein distribution, or in geology to map the distribution of different minerals on a geological site. The same camera can also be applied in various environments: in laboratories, field, industrial pilot lines, and airborne. With the newest mobile, handheld cameras, the researcher can easily take it to the samples without the need to bring the samples to a lab system.
Hyperspectral imaging is used increasingly in many research areas, such as life sciences, vegetation research, precision agriculture, forensics, food and feed analysis, mineral exploration, and for developing new recycling research methods. In each application area, a spectral camera is used to identify, measure, and map the biological, chemical, and physical properties of the objects.
- FAQ_HYPERSPECTAL IMAGER FAQ 2022-08-22 292
- Using ATHL9010 to estimate above-ground carbon stocks at the single-tree scale in subtropical forests 2022-02-25 410
- Airborne Hyperspectral Imaging in Early Monitoring of Pine Wood Nematode 2022-01-14 292
- A Study on Eutrophication of Lake Based on Hyper-spectraI Remote 2022-01-07 172
- Application of Hyperspectral in the Construction of Hongshan Polymetallic Prospecting Model 2022-01-07 162
- Vegetation Classification of Alpine Grassland in Qinghai Lake Basin Based on HSI hyperspectral remote sensing data 2022-01-07 167
- Research on low-contrast wounded target search technology based on hyperspectrum 2022-01-07 136
- Reseach on Classification of Pinus Massoniana Pests Based on Hyperspectral Data 2022-01-06 217