Can Simpler QC Methods Be Applied to Fruitage Coating Processes?
Fruit and vegetable suppliers rely on organic coatings to help preserve and protect the produce as it makes its way to grocery stores and supermarkets. Monitoring these coatings typically requires offline chromatographic techniques, which are very accurate but time-consuming and expensive. With careful integration of components, UV-Visible transmission spectroscopy speeds up QC measurements by providing real-time analysis of coating concentration.
Optosky evaluated several spectrometer setups for transmission measurements of an organic fungicide that delays fruit decay. Extensive testing and analysis in the lab and simulation of factory conditions demonstrated viability for an UV-Visible spectroscopy system, with implementation of certain sample handling and analytical modeling steps to ensure best results.
Transmission Measure System:
As population growth strains our capacity to produce enough food, technology such as edible coatings can help to protect food supplies, extend shelf life, and reduce waste. By integrating monitoring methods into process settings, food producers can more effectively deliver safer, healthier and better quality products.
- XRF Fluorescence Spectrometer for jewelry 2023-02-01 501
- New Product Launch | ATP7810 Ultra Wide Range Infrared Grating Spectrometer 2023-09-05 46
- Treatment of Medical Waste Based on Spectroscopy 2023-01-09 440
- Whole Blood Analysis Based on UV-VIS Spectroscopy 2023-01-05 619
- Irradiance Spectrum Analysis Measure Solution 2022-12-16 394
- spectrometer FAQ 2022-08-22 950
- LED Light Measurement Solution 2022-04-24 903
- How to Use NIR Spectrometer to Detect Textiles Rapidly 2022-03-16 979
- Estimation of Forage Biomass and Nutritional Value by Ground Spectrometer 2022-03-08 800
- Spectroscopy - A Journey in Search of Clean Water 2022-03-07 936
- How to Predict the Freshness of Peppers by Spectroscopy 2022-03-02 888
- Applications of Spectroscopy to Insect 2022-02-18 795
- How does Spectroscopy Identify Real or Fake Sneakers? 2022-02-16 808
- Can Spectroscopy Quickly and Easily Evaluate Paint Samples? 2022-02-10 773
- How to Detect CWAs Simulants in Soil by Spectroscopy 2022-01-07 599
- How to Measure WO3/PVA Films by Spectroscopy 2022-01-07 600
- How to Predict Egg Freshness of New Varieties by VIS-NIR Spectroscopy 2022-01-07 480
- New Algorithm to Improve High-Quality Spectral Signal 2022-01-07 499
- How to Detect Dielectric Barrier Discharge Ion Source by Spectroscopy 2022-01-06 422
- Traumatic Brain Injuries Detection By NIR spectroscopy 2022-01-06 524