Handheld Raman Spectrometer Detects Precursor Chemicals
Handheld Raman Spectrometer Detects Precursor Chemicals
With the increasingly pessimistic public security situation and the increase of terrorist attacks, methamphetamine, easily manufactured drugs, harmful chemicals, risk explosion and other injuries to the public are becoming more and more serious, which also hamper the development trend of China's economic development, stable social development, and people's physical and mental health.
From 2011 to 2015,the total number of methamphetamine seized nationwide increased by nearly five times, and the number of drug users continued to rise. As the problem of methamphetamine became more and more serious, it was already imperative to improve anti-drug education. At present, the commonly used anti-drug equipment includes X-ray detection, mass spectrometry, Raman spectroscopy, ion migration spectroscopy, neutron detection and other drug detection technologies. However, the technology that can be used for on-the-spot inspection is poor, so it is imperative to find efficient and accurate real-time non-destructive detection technology. According to the Raman spectrum technology of portable drug detection equipment can be on the spot high quality, rapid, accurate assessment of the object to obtain chemical composition information content, has been widely concerned by the Ministry of Public Security.
A complete hand-held Raman spectrometer is usually composed of laser (light source), optical path outside the sample, dispersion system, signal receiving system and information processing system. Laser Raman spectrum analysis technology requires no sample preparation process, non-destructive detection, suitable for analysis of aqueous solution, fast speed and high accuracy, has been gradually applied in the field of anti-terrorism and drug control, public security, fire, important places, event security are almost equipped with Raman spectrum equipment to identify explosives, drugs and other dangerous goods. With the wide application of Raman spectrometer in the public security business, also exposed some shortcomings in the application, which urgently requires the continuous refinement of Raman spectrometer development work, more in line with the needs of public security business.
Explosives or suspicious drug tests, as well as incriminating evidence, can often take hours or even days to confirm, leaving law enforcement officers on the first scene to rely on subjective experience to guess the level of possible danger. With the development and introduction of some new technologies and equipment, the legal inspection work of public security departments has brought a lot of convenience.
Hand-held Raman spectrometer can achieve quantitative and qualitative detection of substances, with high sensitivity, high accuracy, good stability, fast and convenient, non-contact and non-damage detection advantages, can be used for the following aspects of detection:
1) Used for border drug detection, rapid on-site detection of passing vehicles and people carrying suspected drugs, drug preparation products, dangerous chemicals, explosives, etc.
2) Used for rapid identification of dangerous chemicals, drugs and explosives in airports, railway stations, customs and other departments
3) For the armed police, public security and other anti-drug departments, the suspected personnel, vehicles, target buildings and other drugs, drugs, dangerous chemicals to carry out on-site and source rapid screening.
The characteristics of Raman spectrum technology used in public security forensic examination.
1.direct measurement, no need to place samples in advance;
2. No interference from plastic bags and glass jars;
3.from water and carbon dioxide gas interference;
4.with high selectivity, can accurately distinguish different kinds of chemical components and explosives;
5.with high sensitivity, drugs or dangerous powder can also be tested;
6. high mobility, with on-site real-time processing ability;
7. can analyze composite components, isomers, microscopic analysis.
Raman spectrum analysis cases.
1. Identification of explosive dangerous goods (from top to bottom)
TNT trinitrotoluene (yellow explosive)
TATP triacetone triperoxide (entropic explosive, once used in the London Underground bombings)
Tylenol (Tynlenol pain reliever)
2. Drug Identification (top to bottom)
Methamphetamine methamphetamine (methamphetamine)
3. Chemical composition identification (top to bottom)
Acetonitrile acetonitrile (methane cyanide, colorless toxic liquid)
AcetylsalicylicAcid Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin)
Acetone acetone (hepatotoxic)
Drug prohibition is the common responsibility of the whole society, attaches great importance to the relevant state departments, the departments work together, constantly enhance the level of drug control equipment, in the focus of the national import and export port, high-speed bayonet, rehabilitation centers and other places are equipped with more drugs testing instrument, the public security organ at the scene of the physical evidence for rapid identification of suspected drug screening, analysis, Obtaining the nature of drugs, types of precursor chemicals and related manufacturing processes can greatly improve the efficiency of drug control. ATR6500 hand-held Raman spectrometer can quickly, accurately and efficiently detect drugs, drug easy products, inflammable and explosive and other dangerous chemicals, with high accuracy, good stability and one-button operation, which can meet the needs of drug scene. Portable Raman spectrometer can be used to collect molecular structure data, identify spectral peaks, check database and so on, which can maintain rapid detection of dangerous goods, and has key practical significance for public security and technical development trend of emergency plan.
IDENTIFICATION OF MEDICAL RAW MATERIALS BY RAMAN SPECTROMETER
USING RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY TO DETECT LIQUID PREPARATIONS
APPLICATION OF RAMAN SPECTROMETERS IN GEMOLOGY
IDENTIFICATION OF COTTON POLYESTER BY RAMAN SPECTROSCOPY
- Microscopic Raman Spectroscopy for Graphene Sample Testing 2023-03-15 84
- Raman Spectroscopy and its Most Common Applications 2023-01-17 200
- Raman : Applications 2023-01-17 201
- Application of Raman Spectroscopy in Characterization of Graphene Structure 2023-01-17 129
- Food Analysis and Raman Spectroscopy 2023-01-17 138
- Raman or FTIR Spectroscopy 2023-01-12 133
- What is Raman Spectroscopy? 2023-01-12 106
- Raman spectroscopic detection and analysis of Scutellaria baicalensis herbal tablets 2022-12-23 154