Color Analysis Measurement Solution
Color occurs when light is perceived by the human eye. Color reflected from, or emitted by samples can be measured using basic color meters or more robust spectral devices for more detailed analysis.
Accurate color measurement depends on the sample, on calibrating the setup for the illuminant and detector being used, and on subjective human perception. Also, measurement geometry is critical to ensure consistent results and compliance with standards. Managing each element involves subtleties that are critical for producing accurate, repeatable results.
Advantages of Color Measurement
- Spectral measurement is far more sophisticated than visual inspection
- Data acquired can be used to calculate multiple color parameters
- Non-contact: Measurements can be taken at a distance, preventing damage to the sample and providing flexibility
- Parameters such as brightness, power output and color can be measured simultaneously
Spectrometer + stable visible light source + high efficiency reflection measuring device
Suggestions for spectrometer selection:
1. A spectrometer covering the visible light range of 380-780nm.
2. Sensitivity is more critical than resolution.
3. The stability requirements are selected based on the measurement accuracy requirements.
4. Recommended model ATP1010 ATP2000P ATP5020P
A general-purpose spectrometers like the ATP1010, ATP2000P and ATP5020P are a good choice for color measurements, although several options – are well suited for industrial use. Complete your system with an application-appropriate combination of light source, sampling optics, reflection standards and operating software.
When measuring the color output of an LED, digital display or other emissive source, you’ll need sampling optics like an integrating sphere to collect the emitted light from sample and route it to the spectrometer. Also, you’ll need to calibrate the spectrometer to have an accurate scale for the spectrometer response at each wavelength.
- spectrometer FAQ 2022-08-22 296
- LED Light Measurement Solution 2022-04-24 338
- How to Use NIR Spectrometer to Detect Textiles Rapidly 2022-03-16 353
- Estimation of Forage Biomass and Nutritional Value by Ground Spectrometer 2022-03-08 315
- Spectroscopy - A Journey in Search of Clean Water 2022-03-07 350
- How to Predict the Freshness of Peppers by Spectroscopy 2022-03-02 309
- Applications of Spectroscopy to Insect 2022-02-18 314
- How does Spectroscopy Identify Real or Fake Sneakers? 2022-02-16 329